Happy Friday, friends!! I know we are well into the 2nd week of 2018, so I’m a little behind, but I still wanted to do a little 2017 round-up of sorts for y’all! First up I compiled 5 of my personal favorite things I purchased in 2017. For this post, I teamed up with one of my friends who also happens to be an amazing blogger, Lauren Holifield!! She is a southern gal from Tennesse with great style!! She posts tons of affordable options, has the cutest little girl (whom she dresses adorably, and all you moms will absolutely love her style), and her Instagram stories are always entertaining! Be sure to check out her blog, Simpy Holifield, as well, to see what all she picked as her 2017 favorites! Also head over to her Instagram, and follow her if you aren’t yet! You will love following along, and you’ll get some great fashion inspo and real life along the way!
Next, I did a round-up of my top 7 liked photos from 2017. These outfits got the most likes over on my instagram, so I linked to all of the clothing items and did a little description of sizing and a review as well. Thank y’all so much for all of the support these last 4 months! This little blog of mine has grown so much, and it is all because of you guys, and I am so very thankful for you!! Hopefully you get a little outfit inspiration and ideas on how to put things together that you may not have thought of before. I am so looking forward to this year and bringing you all some fun new content outside of fashion!
My Top 5 Purchases of 2017
1. I have been wearing these suede tan booties non-stop ever since I got them this past September! They are the perfect color to pair with any outfit, they are so super comfy since they have a block heel, and they are a great quality shoe. If you’ve been on the hunt for a versatile bootie, you definitely need to try these out! They were perfect for fall, I still wear them now in the winter, and they will be a perfect transitional shoe for the spring time as well! They also come in black and grey. If you follow me on Instagram, you can see them in a ton of my pictures. They are on sale right now also!
2. My next fav is this amazing moisturizer. Y’all, I am no beauty product junkie by any means. Shoot, I just switched my makeup this year after using the same drugstore foundation literally since I started wearing makeup. I absolutely do still wear the same L’oreal mascara that I’ve used for 18 years though! It is the best I’ve ever found, and I love that it’s super budget-friendly. I do one coat of this Voluminous w/the straight wand in carbon black. Next, I put on a coat of this Voluminous Extra-Volume Collagen in blackest black. I started using this moisturizer at the beginning of 2017, and it keeps my skin so moisturized!! Even in the coldest and driest winter weather, it has kept my skin from drying out. It goes on smooth, and my skin immediately feels and looks better. I use it after I put on this toner, and I just feel like it has made such a difference in the way my makeup goes on and looks afterwards.
3. If you don’t have a chambray top in your wardrobe, you are missing out!! It is a perfect basic style that has so much versatility. This one from J.Crew Factory is my absolute favorite! It has more of a relaxed fit, so it’s super comfy, yet can still look chic. It can also carry you from season to season. It’s perfect in the spring with some white jeans or pink pants, can be worn in the summer with shorts or tucked into skirts, and is perfect layered under sweaters in the fall or winter. One of my favorite ways to wear it that is so basic yet still looks put-together is with a pair of black jeans. Just add a statement necklace or earrings for that pop, and you are ready to go! The best part, it’s on sale right now for $34.50!!
4. Next up is a good basic pair of jeans. Everyone needs one in their wardrobe. That pair that makes you feel good, look good, all the feels! You always hear me rave about these Levi’s high rise skinnies on my Instagram. If you would have told me 10 years ago that I would ever wear Levi’s, I would have looked at you like you were crazy, because when I used to think Levi’s, I automatically thought “80s mom jeans”. Y’all, these jeans are literally amazing!! They are high rise, so they suck. you. in., and they have a little bit of stretch to them as well. Not a lot so that they are like jeggings, just the perfect amount so that they move with you, but they have plenty of that thicker jean material so that they hold you in and lift up your bootie! I have a hard time finding jeans, because I’ve got a butt and hips, but a small waist, and these jokers are it!!
I’m usually between a 26-27 in jeans, and I went with a 27 in these. So if you’re in between sizes, I would size up in this particular pair. This pair is from Zappo’s, so it’s free shipping and returns, so you can always buy 2 pairs, and send back the one that doesn’t work fo free! I’ve got them in the blue story wash pictured, but they come in a ton of other colors and washes as well. Also, I’ve got a little trick if you’re a shortie like me, and most jeans are a little long on you if they don’t have different inseams. Instead of rolling them out where you can see the cuff, roll them under if you’re in a pinch and don’t want to get them tailored. That way it doesn’t break up your leg, but makes the jeans look seamless and your legs look longer. The raw hem trend is huge right now, so you can also just cut them off at the bottom to get that look as well. It’s super easy, literally just cut to your desired length (always err on the longer side since you can always cut more), and you are good to go!
5. If you are a coffee lover, you will absolutely love this little machine!! I bought my husband this for his birthday, and we absolutely love it! We use freshly ground coffee, and the lattes it makes are absolutely ridiculous!! The Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista makes everything from regular coffee to lattes, cappuccinos, and espressos. Just think about how much you spend on a single coffee at Starbucks, and this booger pays for itself in no time at just under $200! It’s super user-friendly, easy to clean, and doesn’t look bad sitting on your counter. There are a ton of more expensive options out there, but this one does just as much, if not more, than some of its pricier counterparts. If you’re in the market, you can’t go wrong with this!
Shop them all here:
My Top 10 Posts of 2017
This was my #1 post of 2017!! I must be rubbing off on y’all, because y’all really like leopard! Or maybe it was the Spanx leggings…Whatever it was, y’all liked the heck out of this picture! You all know I love all things leopard, so when I saw this vest, I just had to have it! It’s the perfect layering piece for so many different outfits: an otherwise neutral outfit such as this one, paired with a plaid or striped top, worn with a solid color dress, or worn over a tunic and jeans/leggings. I’m wearing an XS, which is my normal size in vests at J.Crew. They usually run a tad on the larger side, because I usually wear a size small in their shirts and sweaters.
This was the first time I wore these faux leather Spanx leggings, and they rocked my world! Like most girls out there, I have saddlebags, cellulite, all the good stuff, and these jokers smoothed everrrything out and lift up my booty! It’s like freakin’ magic, y’all!! I wear them all the time now, because they’re so versatile! I like to wear them dressed up with nude heels (similar here & here) like in this outfit below, with over-the-knee boots and a long tunic, or with a tee and cardi for a more casual look. If you haven’t jumped on the bandwagon yet, I promise you won’t be disappointed!! I’m wearing a size small. This necklace is all over my Insta, and it is less than $30!! I literally throw it on with everything, and it adds the perfect amount of sparkle.
Look #2 was this casual look! I thought it was so funny how different my #1 & #2 looks were! One is a lot more dressy, while the other is the perfect comfy everyday look! As y’all know, I love mixing patterns, and this plaid scarf and striped tee (wearing a small) are the perfect contrast, yet they still compliment each other. Don’t be afraid to step out of the box and mix prints! It’s super easy as long as you stay within the same color scheme or pattern size. This is one of my go-to looks, because it is so easy to throw on and go. Just grab some jeans, a tee, and add a scarf for a little more visual interest. Top it off with some cute flats, booties, or OTK boots, and you’re ready to walk out the door. Such an easy outfit, yet it still looks so put-together! These Levi’s jeans are one of my favs right now. They are so comfy, fit great, and are less than $40!! I cut this raw hem myself, which is super easy.
Look #3 was these red lace pants from J.Crew. They were so perfect for the holidays, but they can be worn any time of the year as a wear-to-work look or out to dinner on date night. They are so versatile, and the best part about them…they have an elastic waistband!! Yes, you heard me right! They’re basically like wearing your black stretchy pants, which means you can do all the eating and drinking, and not have to worry about unbuttoning your pants by the end of the night ; ) I am wearing a size 0, and they fit perfectly, so I would say they run pretty true to size (I usually wear a 0 in J.Crew), and if you’re usually in between sizes to size down since they are a looser fit. They’ll just expand with you ha! MY leopard pumps are from last year, but this Sam Edelman pair is almost identical. I love this chunkier heel version as well. My leopard clutch is also sold out, but this option is the same price and super cute! I also wore these with my fav chambray top and some nude pumps for another dressy casual look.
#4 was this plaid skirt I wore to our Christmas Eve service at church. This exact one is now sold out, but I’ll link a couple other ones below that are great for everyday wear. I just paired it with a long sleeve tee and this super soft red fringe scarf. I’m not really sure why it looks like I have no eyebrows here, but I promise they’re there ha!!
The 5th most-liked look was this $12 leopard sweater and over-the-knee boots. I sized up to a medium in this sweater for a little bit looser fit. These boots are from 3 years ago, but I’ll link the black version of my tan ones that are absolutely amazing!! They stay up and don’t slide down on your leg, and they also have a block heel so they are super comfortable for walking in all day long! These Levi’s jeans are 1 of my 2 favorite jeans (my other fav pair are these Free Peoples). They are high-waisted and have just enough stretch to hug in all the right places, but enough jean material to suck you in. I cut off them bottom of them to make a raw hem, which is super easy. Check out Jen’s DIY tutorial here. I’m usually a size 26 in jeans, sometimes a 27, and I went with a 27 in these.
#6 was this shot from a fun Christmas shoot, and you can check that out here. It was in the 20s this day, so I did some major layering to try and stay warm ha!! I wore my fav plaid button up (that’s now sold out, so I linked this super similar option), and I layered one of my favorite sweaters over it. It’s a thicker sweater, and it is super warm, but not crazy bulky. I added a bit of sparkle with my fav necklace, and added this fur leopard vest to give it a little pizzaz! I topped it off with the holy grail of leggings, which are so flattering and live up to the hype!
Last, #7 is this casual outfit I wore to do a little Christmas shopping. This striped tee is my absolute go-to! It is so soft and comfy, perfect for layering or wearing alone, and such a steal at just $10! I paired it with my fav utility vest, that is unfortunately now sold out, but this is a similar option, as well as this one. Y’all know I love a good vest, and this olive one is so versatile. This tortoise necklace is currently on sale, and it can be dressed up or down, worn with a casual outfit like this or a dressier outfit for a night out. These Articles of Society jeans are sold out, but my fav Levi’s are super similar and under $40! I love the wash (Blue Story), and they are high-waisted so they suck you in, gals! I finished it off with these green Hunter boots. I’ve had these particular boots for 7 years, and they are still in great condition! I wear them all the time, even when it isn’t raining, just to add a little pop of color to an outfit. I just recently got the red ones for Christmas, and I love their bright color!
Thank y’all so much for stopping by, and I hope you have the best weekend!!😘